Thursday, August 27, 2009

Welcome to Sass in the City!

Well, here it goes...I've been thinking about doing this blog for months now but haven't made any real headway. However, after a night out with my friends, I floated the idea to one side of the dinner table after noting how for some crazy, karmic reason or maybe the fact that fall is coming and guys may be looking for somone to snuggle up with on those inevitable cold winter nights ahead that I happen to have not 1, or 2 but 10 upcoming dates in the works. (Yes, I'm online.) After that fact filtered over to the other side of the dinner table and the "oh my god, that's a crazy number of dates" commentary slowed down and my face turned back to its normal complexion, the blog idea then surfaced to the group. They ran with it! They loved it! They wanted in. "Can we write stuff, as well?" We could rate your dates. We could ask questions and give suggestions. We can help you come up with a catchy tag line, etc...

So here goes it kids...I'm doing this for real! My vision of this is the following:

1. Record the dates - the who, what, when, where, how

2. Reflect on the guy in the spotlight - how'd he look, what was his personality, what does he do...

3. Note the memorable moments - the funny/startling/endearing stories that you tell your friends afterwards

4. Collect lessons learned - what can I and others get out of these dating adventures

5. Search for themes - patterns, synchronisity, pschological discoveries, a philosophy of dating and love

I hope to make this a fun, interactive and collaborative blogging site - so comments, please!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read about your first of ten dates!

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is way more exciting than my blog about 10 different varieties of Ramen noodles.
    -Tom

    ReplyDelete